Making It Big In IT: CISCO Certification
Cisco is one of the widely accepted IT certification provider in the world. It is headquartered in California and provides a range of networking products. Founded by Leonard Bosack and Sandy Lerner in 1984, Cisco today has made to Forbes list of 15 most respected IT certifications. Cisco certification brings rewards to a networking professionals work life and value to the company.
Cisco provides a range of certifications. Of which following tops the popular certifications list:
- CCENT Certification
- CCNA Certification
- CCDA Certification
- CCNP Routing & Switching
Why choose CISCO?
- IT not only improves your understanding of the Cisco products but the complete IT networking services. Having broad-view- knowledge of different IT anatomies is instrumental in any networking role. This master-knowledge ideology makes Cisco a consistently demanded certification even at the companies that own less Cisco products.
- Cisco is among the Forbes list of 15 Top Paying IT Certifications of 2018. Cisco professionals are among the highest paid in the world.
- Networking domain of IT is growing very fast, and Cisco networking certification validates this skill.
- According to a research conducted by the Fairfield Research, Inc., a professional with more certifications tends to earn more and Ciscos CCNA certification provides one with an average increase of 16.7% in one's salary. Cisco certification provides one with lucrative career options.
- Cisco certification is at par with the global standards and provides one with access to a global community of like-minded IT professionals and experts.
Ciscos leading certification - CCNA-200-125
It is the most popular certification of Cisco and one of the most sought after. Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) Certification validates one's skills to install, configure, design, operate and troubleshoot various networks. CCNA Certified learns about the basic network threats mitigation, the fundamental concepts, and terminologies of the networking. An IT security company prefers a Cisco CCNA security certified over any other.
CCNA security certification provides a lot of opportunities and career options. It expands ones knowledge on network threats and how they can be mitigated. One learns to design effective network policies and how they can be efficiently implemented. One learns to build secure access to network devices and troubleshoot any problem therein.
- CCNA Composite Exam
- Interconnecting Cisco Network devices exam 1 and exam 2. Since you would be asked to perform tasks on simulated devices, it is better to rent a Cisco system of switches and routers if you don't have one at your company. There are a lot of simulators available for practice online. Some of the systems are even open, thus giving you an option to modify it as per your needs.
Make it in Cisco
Practice makes a man perfect. Take as many practice tests as you can since it is not easy to work on simulators especially when you do not work on them at your job. Practice sets are just like the real tests; you would be simulating just what it would be like to answer the test. They come with instructions, time limit, and everything your test has.
You need to complete the certification test within the stipulated time. So, it is advisable to pace yourself by practicing tests.
There are a lot options to choose from. E-Classrooms are a great way to cover the exam topics. You need to give proper time to your training and if you feel like you aren't ready for it, do not go through with the test.